The Clinton and Central Huron BIA is excited to announce that our annual ‘Scarecrow Festival’ has been renamed “Harvest Festival”. Mark your calendars!
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND:
• Snippety the Clown and Friends sponsored by Clinton Optimist Club • Scarecrow building contest with a new category of “Team Theme” • Porky Plop Bingo • Chili Cook Off
And new this year:
• Petting Zoo • Reptile Show • Tug of War Competition • Live Entertainment • Cowbell Brewing Beer Garden
Harvest Festival Schedule of Events
BEFORE THE EVENT
Fall is upon us which means Harvest Festival will be here before we know it. The Harvest Festival Committee is doing the annual house decorating contest. Please decorate your home and email a photo with your address to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day Wednesday October 5th for judging.
Welcome back to school! Soon the Harvest Festival Committee will be dropping off colouring contest pages to the schools for grades k-3 and new this year for grades 4-6 thank you letters to farmers. Ask your teacher for information. These letters and pictures will be featured in the windows of the businesses downtown.
Decorate your businesses for Harvest Festival! Judges will be watching for decorated businesses and will declare a winner that day!
DAY OF EVENT - Oct. 8th, 2016
8am – 11am
Legion Farmer’s Appreciation Breakfast at the Clinton Legion
Adults $7.00; Children $4.00; and Children under 2 FREE
• Pipers pipe the beginning of the Festival in Millennium Park
• Little Tracks Petting Zoo (visit website)
• Power House Dance Performance in Millennium Park
10am - 4pm
• Clinton Library Mini Book Sale
• Vendor Market on King Street
• Bake Sale on King Street hosted by the Park's Committee
10am – 11am
Registration for Scarecrow Building in Millennium Park. Categories: Business, Children 0-12, Sport/Team Theme & Other. Bring your scarecrow made and set them up to be judged by the public. Be as creative as you can!
Square Dancer performance in Millennium Park
• Public voting of scarecrows
• Lions Food Truck to be set up in Millennium Park
• Public Voting for Scarecrows to begin
11am – 1:30pm
• Chili Cook Off to Start – Pick up your ballot for $5.00 at any participating store and vote for your favourite!
Participants: Cornerstone Spa, Lash Envy, B&M Fine Furniture, Clinton Library, NWMO, Town Hall, Marita's Fashion Boutique, Per-fect Designs, Snips and Clips, Made in Huron ( King Street), Relook Nook, Clinton Sporting Goods, Central Huron Fire Department (Old Fire Hall Parking Lot), and The Backyard Flower Shop.
11am – NOON
Purchase squares for Porky’s Plop Bingo (location TBD)
11am – 3pm
• Snipetty and Friends Sponsored by the Clinton Optimist Club in Millennium Park
• Children’s games: 3 legged races, bobbing for apples, pumpkin bowling and more....
• Craft Corner: Decorate a squash $3.00 to participate, take home your squash"
• Cowbell Brewing to set up Beer Garden $5.00 per beer ID required
Entertainment in Millennium Park Sponsored by TCC.
Bag Pipers @ 10am ; Square Dancers @ 10:30am ; Dance Demo - Dance Techniques @ 11am ; The Honey Sweethearts - Steve Dawe @ 11:15 - Noon ; Bonnie Jewitt & Snell Family@ Noon - 12:45 ; Grant McMillan @ 12:50-1:30 ; JeffBall @ 1:30-2:15pm ; Graham Bedard @ 2:15 - 3pm
• Porky arrives to make his mark
• Pie Eating Contest
Tug of War Competition in Heartland Community Church front Lawn. A professional tug of war team is coming from Dashwood to show you how it’s done. We are looking for teams between 6 -8ppl to tug, just running shoes are required. Each team will tug and the winners will compete against the professional team. To sign up a team please email Clinton.email@example.com
1pm – 3pm
Little Rays Reptile Show (visit website)
1 hr show Upstairs at Town Hall FREE – come touch and see the reptiles.
Winners will be Announced in Millennium Park