Dear Clinton and Central Huron BIA,
As you know the United Way Perth-Huron Campaign has officially begun! Supporting 47 partners in Huron and Perth Counties, the United Way Perth-Huron is community led and community funded. This year our goal includes engaging businesses in Perth & Huron Counties in a signature event called “Paint the town Red”
Taking place the weekend of November 25, 26 & 27th, our hope is that collectively we can raise funds to support some of the 47 supported partner programs like the:
• Child Witness Program at the Emily Murphy Centre: providing an in-house program for children in Perth County who have witnessed and experienced domestic violence.
• Neighbours Helping Neighbours Program that enables Huron County Food Bank Distribution Centre to provide food banks with their increasing food security needs.
• 211 - A telephone help-line and online resource to assist individuals find social services and health related resources.
• Connect Youth is a mobile friendly resource for youth to get information about physical health, mental health and social services
• Huron Safe Homes for Youth is an agency that’s purpose is to respond to crisis and emergency situations involving young people and their families/caregivers in an attempt (where possible) to restore the family unit.
• YMCA membership assistance, YMCA Huron Recreation, Arts & Sports Program and the YMCA West Perth Youth Centre
Additionally, we hope this weekend event will encourage ‘shopping locally’, promote the participating businesses and shine a light on those that give back to important organizations like the United Way.
As a local organization that represents the business community, please accept our invitation to participate! The United Way team will take care of the logistics:
• Provide Registration forms (attached) for participating businesses to email back to United Way Perth-Huron at firstname.lastname@example.org OR submit to their BIA /Chamber, in order for a Paint The Town Red package to be prepared for them
• Package will contain: Participant P.R. Benefits, Window Poster, Donation Tally Sheet, Supported Partner Services Infothat serves their specific region, Community Impact Report, Link to online Paint the Town Red resource toolbox
• Prepared Packages will be delivered to the local BIA/Chamber to deliver or make available to participating businesses in early to mid-November
• All PR for local radio, paper and online promotion marketing the event and directing local shoppers to participating local businesses will be arranged by United Way
• Paint The Town Red weekend participationFriday November 25 – Sunday November 27
• Participating businesses submit their participant envelope withtallieddonation sheet and donations to their local BIA/Chamber. United Way will pick up from local BIA/Chamber with group photo op for local participants
• Follow up: United Way Perth-Huron letterrecognizing donation and participation in event sent to participating businesses as well as being noted in the Spirit of Community Celebration Event in March
We ask you to support us by encouraging your members to participate, socialize the program with your Boards/Committees, link and feature the program on your website, etc.
We wanted to confirm your endorsement of this new event and member participation in advance of Campaign Kick-Off as “Paint the town Red” will be announced at Kick-Off! The “Paint the town Red Toolbox” will be available on the United Way Websitefor participating businesses for Sept 30th. The United Way team and I are available as necessary to support your efforts, work with your Boards and businesses and answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to working with you!
Client Service Representative
Huron Business Development Corporation
138 Main Street South. Box 1120
Seaforth, Ontario N0K 1W0